1. What do the months of Iyar and Tishrei have in common?
2. On which day of the week do Hebrew months most frequently begin?
3. On which day of the week does Rosh Chodesh most frequently begin?
4. According to Talmudic tradition, which high officers were barred from the Sod Haibbur?
5. In any given Hebrew year, what is the largest number of Hebrew months whose first day can coincide with the first day of their corresponding Gregorian month?
6. What is the next Hebrew year in which 3 Hebrew months will all start on the first day of their corresponding Gregorian months?
7. What would be the very rare feature shared in common between the Hebrew years 5774H (2013g/2014g) and 5676H (1915g/1916g)?
8. Does the first Rosh Hashannah of a longest possible 120 Hebrew year period always begin on Thursday?
9. As measured from the first day of Tishrei, are all of the longest periods of 120 Hebrew years exactly 98 Hebrew years apart?
10. In which year or years of the 19 year Hebrew calendar cycle is Rosh Hashannah most likely to advance by another day in the Gregorian calendar?
11. In which year or years of the 19 year Hebrew calendar cycle is
Rosh Hashannah most likely to occur at its earliest point in the
12. What is the repetition cycle of the moladot?
13. After the molad of Tevet 29,340H when next will BaHaRaD occur?
14. At least what 3 calendar features do the years 5758H (1997/8g) and 5759H (1998/9g) have in common?
15. What is the significance of September 16th to the Hebrew calendar?
16. How does September 16th fit into the leap and non-leap year separation pattern?
17. If your Hebrew calendar does not tell you the year length, is it possible to determine that length without doing any arithmetic?
18. In the foreseeable future, will there ever be a Gregorian year without a Rosh Hashannah?
19. In the foreseable future can 2 consecutive Rosh Hashannot ever begin in the same Gregorian year?
20. In the foreseeable future, can 2 Gregorian years ever see the same Rosh Hashannah?
21. Assuming the fixed calendar rules, could the Exodus have taken place
on a Thursday, in either the years 2448H or 2449H?
22. In the full Hebrew calendar cycle, how often do 19 year cycles of 6,942 days occur?
23. When will, or did, occur the first 19 year cycle of 6,942 days?
24. When will, or did, occur the third 19 year cycle of 6,942 days?
25. Will the fourth of the longest possible 19 year cycles also begin on Saturday?
26. Do all of the 295 longest possible 19 year cycles begin on Saturday?
27. How often does the reading of Parshah Vayyeshev coincide with Shabbat Hanukah?
28. What is the present difference between the time of the molad and the corresponding mean lunar conjunction?
29. Approximately when will the Gregorian year value be the same as the Hebrew year value?
30. What was the Hebrew acronym given to this once used leap year distribution
3 5 8 11 14 16 19 ?
31. How was the Hebrew leap year distribution of 3 5 8 11 14 16 19 different
than the currently used distribution of 3 6 8 11 14 17 19?
32. Assuming 13 Hebrew years, what is the oldest that a bar/bat mitzvah celebrant can be on their 13th birthday?
33. Will the Gregorian 21st century begin on January 1, 2000g?
34. When will the next millenium start in the Hebrew calendar?
35. When will the next Hebrew non-leap year begin on September 17 after the year 2240g?
36. In days, how long can be any period or cycle of 247 Hebrew years?
37. When did the least frequently occurring 247 Hebrew year period last begin?
38. What's the smallest number of consecutive Hebrew years that cannot add up to a whole number of weeks?
39. When did, or will, occur the first of the shortest consecutive 8 Hebrew year periods?
40. Since the period of the molad is less than 30 days, is it possible for the molad to occur beyond the 30th day of a Hebrew month?
41. [Relative to year 5760H] When was the most recent occurrence of a molad on the 31st day of its preceding month?
42. [Relative to year 5760H] When will be the next occurrence of a molad on the 31st day of its preceding month?
43. Are the Albiruni Rosh Hodesh tables as shown in the Sachau translation free of numeric typographical error?
44. How much more accurate than the traditional 29d 12h 793p was Albiruni's stated value for the period of the molad?
45. Does the first day of Iyar always occur on the same day of the week as the first day of the following Rosh Hashannah?
46. Which postponement rule governs the first day of Rosh Hashannah following a Hebrew leap year whose molad of Tishrei is 4d 20h 500p?
47. In the full Hebrew calendar cycle of 689472 years, how many days are observed as Rosh Hodesh?
48. Do the regular leap years of 384 days occur at least once in all of the Hebrew calendar's 19 year cycles?
49. What is the most recent 19 year cycle in which no 384 day year can be found?
50. Besides the 384 day years, which other year length(s) might not be found in all of the Hebrew calendar's 36,288 19-year cycles?
51. How often do Hebrew years of 383 days go missing from all of the 19 year
cycles in the full Hebrew calendar cycle?
52. Are all Rosh Hashannah's separated by 247 years exactly one day apart in their Gregorian calendar equivalents?
53. After Rosh Hashannah 5764H (Shabbat 27 September 2003g) when again will 4 out of 5 consecutive Rosh Hashannah's begin on Shabbat?
54. After Rosh Hashannah 5764H (Shabbat 27 September 2003g) when will 4 out of 5 consecutive Rosh Hashannah's begin on the same day other than Shabbat?
55. After Rosh Hashannah 5775H (Thu 25 Sep 2014g) when next will 4 out of 5 Rosh Hashannah's begin on the same day?
56. Do the numbers 2 4 7 10 12 15 18 constitute a valid leap year distribution for the calculation of the Hebrew calendar?
57. The Encyclopedia Judaica, in its article on the Calendar cites the following leap year distributions as having been used
2 5 7 10 13 16 18 1 4 6 9 12 15 17 3 5 8 11 14 16 19 3 6 8 11 14 17 19
Additionally, the EJ suggests that the following values were used at one time as the epochal moladot
4d 20h 408p 2d 5h 204p 6d 14h 0p 3d 22h 876p
Is the EJ entirely correct?
58. Which Hebrew year could most reasonably be represented as an epochal year with the presence of the molad 4d 20h 408p?
59. Which Hebrew month least frequently has the molad of 0d 0h 0p?
60. Is the Hebrew 5760H a leap year because it begins on the Gregorian date of September 11?
61. When did all Rosh Hashannah's beginning on September 11 first become
the start of ONLY Hebrew leap years?
62. Can the time of a molad precede the Shabbat M'Vorchim on which it is to be announced?
63. Is it nececessary that Rosh Hashannah be postponed so as to have a molad precede the Shabbat M'Vorchim on which its month is announced?
64. Rosh Hashannah 5760H will begin on Shabbat 11 September 1999g. The molad of Tishrei 5760H is 6d 21h 801p, making that molad shy of a Shabbat arrival by 2h 279p. The year 5760H will be a leap year consisting of 385 days. As a result, the following year 5761H will also begin on Shabbat!
What are at least 2 other Hebrew calendar phenomenae that will take place in the year 5760H?
65. When next will 5 consecutive Hebrew years have 4 Rosh Hashannah's begin on Shabbat?
66. [Nearest to 5760H] When will 4 out of 5 consecutive Yom Kippur's be observed on Shabbat?
67. In the full Hebrew calendar cycle of 689472 years, which molad of Tishrei will be the first to be repeated as a molad of Tishrei?
68. In the full Hebrew calendar cycle of 689472 years, how often do the moladot of Tishrei repeat themselves?
69. What fraction of the moladot of Tishrei are repeated exactly 3 times in the full Hebrew calendar cycle of 689,472 years?
70. How does Silberman's Paradox fail to disprove the fact that Dehiyyah Molad Zaqen solves the Overpost Problem?
71. Which molad of Tishrei is the second to be repeated in the full Hebrew
calendar cycle of 689472 years?
72. Is Al-Biruni correct in stating that 2 deficient years cannot follow each other because "the perfect months among the months of the cycle (Enneadecateris) preponderate over the imperfect ones"?
73.Can this table be used to calculate the Tishrei moladot?
5d 21h 589p
3d 6h 385p
0d 15h 181p
6d 12h 770p
3d 21h 566p
2d 19h 75p
0d 3h 951p
4d 12h 747p
3d 10h 256p
0d 19h 52p
5d 3h 928p
4d 1h 437p
1d 10h 233p
5d 19h 29p
4d 16h 618p
2d 1h 414p
0d 22h 1003p
5d 7h 799p
2d 16h 595p
74. Using the table in Question 73, how can the calculations be extended to
more than 19 years?
75. How often are both parshiyot Vayyeshev and Miketz read on Hanukah?
76. Which year, or years, of the mahzor katan (19 year cycle) cannot begin a 19 year period of 6,942 days?
77. Measured from the 1st day of Tishrei, on which day, or days, of the week can the longest period of 19 years begin?
78. Measured from the first day of Tishrei, which year, or years, of the mahzor qatan (19 year cycle) can begin a 19 year period of 6,938 days?
79. Measured from the 1st day of Tishrei, on which day, or days, of the week can the shortest period of 19 years begin?
80. Which is the first molad of Tishrei not to have appeared prior to the repetition of the Tishrei moladot?
81. Tu B'Shevat cannot occur on which day, or days, of the week?
82. What is the frequency of occurrence of each of the Hebrew calendar's different 19 year period lengths?
83. Which year, or years, of the 19 year cycle most frequently begin(s) the 6,938 day span of a 19 year period?
84. What, today, is the value of the year of the Aera Alexandri?
85. In the Hebrew calendar, what is the proportion of 29 day months to 30 day months?
86. For the full Hebrew calendar cycle of 689472 years, is it possible to show mathematically the actual proportion of 29 day months to 30 day months?
87. Using statistics relevant only to the 19 year periods, is it possible to find the proportion of 29 day months to 30 day months?
88. On what day will both the Hebrew and Gregorian calendars first show the exact same year?
89. On what day will both the Hebrew and Gregorian calendars first end the exact same year?
90. What do Shabbat, Monday, and Wednesday have in common?
91. Weekly Question 91 is no longer available.
92. Which will be the last day to have the same year value in both the Hebrew and the Gregorian calendar?
93. [Relative to 5760H] When next will the molad occur prior to the Birkat HaHodesh observance of the Shabbat morning service?
94. Which day, or days, of Pesach fall on the same weekday as the immediately preceding Purim?
95. Presently, what is the latest arrival time of the molad?
96. When did the molad first arrive at its presently latest time?
97. Why is it impossible for a 385 day year to start on Tuesday?
98. What correction, or corrections, can be applied to Larry Padwa's response to Weekly Question 97?
99. In which year, and for which month, will the value of the molad of Av 5760H (2000g) next reoccur?
100. In the mahzor qatan (19 year cycle), what is the significance of the 9th year?
101. When next will Rosh Hashannah begin on a new Gregorian date?
102. After Elul 5760H, which starts on Friday 1 September 2000g, when next will the first day of a Hebrew month coincide with the first day of a Gregorian calendar month?
103. What does the coming Hebrew year 5761H (Mon 30 Sep 2000g) have in common with the year in which the Gregorian calendar was introduced?
104. Which calendar months are named in Tanach (the Bible)?
105. What are the traditionally held correspondences of the biblically named months to the months in our present Hebrew calendar?
106. The Hebrew letters which form the name Elul also represent the acronym for which very well known scriptural sentence?
107. [Referring to the end of question 106] Can you mention at least 3 other calendar related features of the Hebrew year 5761H?
108. Without any of the dehiyyot (Rosh Hashannah postponement rules) why are the possible Hebrew year lengths 354, 355, 383, and 384 days?
109. Why does the Hebrew calendar postponement rule Lo ADU Rosh lead to 8 possible Hebrew year lengths?
110. For any possible period of Hebrew years, what are the possible number of Hebrew leap years within that period of time?
111. How often is Sedrah Vayyelech only partially read during the
course of a given Hebrew year?
112. Why does the longest possible period of 120 Hebrew years always begin on Thursday?
113. Can the analysis of the answer to Weekly Question 112 be used to explain the start of the longest and shortest possible 19 year periods?
114. How can the analysis of Weekly Question 113 be used to derive the minimum length of the 19 Hebrew year period?
115. What do the Tishrei moladot of the 11th, 13th, and 15th years of the mahzor katan (19 year cycle) have in common?
116. In the full Hebrew calendar cycle of 689472 years, how often will a molad of Tishrei be repeated if it is not for either the 11th, 13th, or 15th years of the mahzor katan (19 year cycle)?
117. Weekly Question 117 is no longer available.
118. For any period of H Hebrew years, what is the maximum possible difference of days between its shortest and longest durations?
119. What is the minimum period of Hebrew years that can have the maximum 34 day difference between its shortest and longest durations?
120. What is the only date in the Hebrew Calendar that is sometimes celebrated as a holiday (with Hallel added to the service), and sometimes as an ordinary day (with Tachanun included in the service).
121. Do the longest periods of 10 Hebrew years always begin on Monday?
122. Do the shortest periods of 10 Hebrew years always end on Monday?
123. In eliminating the 356 day year, what unforeseen problem would have arisen if the period of the molad had been 29d 13h 1p?
124. Why is the 357 day Hebrew year impossible in the fixed Hebrew calendar?
125. Can Heshvan 30 ever coincide with February 29?
126. When will be the earliest coincidence of Heshvan 30 and February 29?
127. When was the most recent coincidence of Adar 30 and February 29?
128. When will be the next coincidence of Adar 30 and the Gregorian date Feb 29?
129. Can the Dehiyyah Molad Zakein test be bypassed when calculating for Tishrei 1?
130. Why does adding 6 hours to the molad of Tishrei automatically bypass the Dehiyyah Molad Zakein test when calculating for Tishrei 1?
131.Does the fast of the 17th day of Tammuz occur most often
on a Sunday?
132. How often are the Parshiot Matot and Masei read separately?
133. [Relative to the year 5760H] When was the most recent separate readings of Parshiot Matot and Masei and when will this next happen?
134. Can the Haggim (biblically ordained Festivals) ever take place in August?
135. Other than Rosh Hodesh, which Hag (biblically ordained Festival) will be first to next take place in August, and when?
136. Why do the longest spans of 120 Hebrew years begin and end with abundant leap years starting on Thursday?
137. Which biblical coincidence involves 137 years?
138. At least which two calendar features does the new Hebrew year 5762H have in common with the previous Hebrew year 5761H?
139. When last did the first day of Pesach coincide with Gregorian Easter?
140. When next will the first day of Pesach coincide with Gregorian Easter?
141. Which is the shortest span of Hebrew years whose lengths in days give
all of the possible remainders after division by 7?
142. Which unique property is most likely common to spans of Hebrew years whose lengths in days give all of the possible remainders after division by 7?
143. Which is the smallest span of years consisting of all of the possible single year lengths?
144. For the 6 year spans which contain 6 different single year lengths, in how many different ways can the single years be arranged over the full Hebrew calendar cycle of 689,472 years?
145. What is the largest possible number of consecutive Hebrew years which do not include all of the single Hebrew year lengths?
146. Are all 43 year periods missing a 384 day year preceded by 6 year periods containing all six possible year lengths?
147. How many different arrangements are possible for the years in the longest 43 Hebrew year spans excluding at least one single year length?
148. Is it possible to calculate the length of a single Hebrew year using no more than the postponement rule Lo ADU Rosh?
149. In order to always determine the length of a single Hebrew year, what would be the obvious steps needed in the algorithm shown on pages 91-92 of the book Calendrical Calculations by Nachum Dershowitz and Edward Reingold?
150. What was the highly significant Hebrew calendar event that took place on Sat 8 Jan 2000g?
151. What is, or are, the most significant common features of Hebrew years 264928H, 461920H, and 658912H?
152. Why are 352 day years not possible in the fixed Hebrew calendar?
153. Are people who become 32,896 days old on their Hebrew birthday born in a 12 month or a 13 month Hebrew year?
154. Which periods of Hebrew years beginning with 13 month years end with 13 month years?
155. What would be the dehiyot (Hebrew calendar postponement rules) were Dehiyah Molad Zaqen applied only to the Tishrei moladot that immediately follow Hebrew leap years?
156. What additional problem, or problems, might have be solved when Dehiyah Molad Zaqen is applied as suggested in Weekly Question 155?
157. In our times, is March 28 the earliest possible date for Pesach?
158. In changing the Dehiyah Molad Zaqen limit, what could Aaron ben Meir also have done to produce the same dates for Rosh Hashannah, as found in the currently fixed Hebrew calendar?
159. Absent Dehiyah Molad Zaqen, when next will a molad occur on the 2nd day of a Hebrew month?
160. Is Birkat HaHamah (the blessing of the sun) always said in the Hebrew month of Nisan?
161. When next will Birkat HaHamah (the blessing of the sun) not be recited in the Hebrew month of Nisan?
162. Which day, or days, of the week would have begun 356 and 382 day years had Friday been the only day disallowed for 1 Tishrei?
163. Which day, or days, of the week would have begun 356 and 382 day years had Tuesday, Thursday, and Shabbat been disallowed for 1 Tishrei?
164. What would have been the single year lengths had Shabbat been the only day allowed to start Rosh Hashannah?
165. What is the smallest number of weekday combinations needed in order to view all of the possible single year statistical distributions when up to 6 weekdays may be disallowed for 1 Tishrei?
166. Why is it easy to count mentally the days from Rosh Hashannah 5663H to Rosh Hashannah 5763H?
167. When next, at Rosh Hashannah, will a 100th Hebrew anniversary be exactly 36,500 days long?
168. To get the greatest number possible of year lengths, which days of the week would have to be forbidden for 1 Tishrei?
169. To get the shortest possible 13 month year length, which day, or days, of the week would have to be forbidden for 1 Tishrei?
170. To generate the shortest possible year length, which day, or days, of the week would have to be forbidden for 1 Tishrei?
171. Is Hebrew year 5763H a 13 month year because it begins on Shabbat 7 September 2002g?
172. The next Hebrew year will be Hebrew year 5763H beginning on Shabbat 7 September 2002g. This year will be 385 days long, and therefore, 13 months long. The molad of Tishrei 5763H occurs on Shabbat at 12h 54m 10hl. Consequently, this Hebrew year will begin on the day of its molad. Can you mention at least 3 other calendar related features of the Hebrew year 5763H?
173. What would be the lengths possible for periods of 19 Hebrew years if 356 and 382 day years were allowed in the Hebrew calendar?
174. When next will Rosh Hashannah begin on the Julian calendar date 7 October?
175. In how many unique ways are the single year lengths arranged in the mahzor qatan (19 year cycle)?
176. By what fraction of the lunar month does the 12 month Hebrew year deviate from the traditional mean solar year?
177. Relative to the Hebrew calendar, what makes the year 5860H particularly interesting?
178. What makes year 5766H interesting in terms of the Hebrew calendar?
179. Up to now, how many 12-month Hebrew years have elapsed since the inception of the Gregrorian calendar?
180. After 5343H (1582/3g), when next will a 420 Hebrew year period have 5,194 months?
181. In what proportion does any long and short period of H Hebrew years occur over the full Hebrew calendar cycle of 689,472 years?
182. How frequently does Rosh Hodesh occur on Shabbat?
183. In any given Hebrew year, how frequently does Rosh Hodesh occur on Shabbat?
184. Which Hebrew year or years begin the shorter periods of H Hebrew years?
185. In days, what was the length of year 4596H?
186. From the Hebrew calendar perspective, what do the months of June and July 2003g have in common?
187. [Relative to year 2003g] when last did the first day of Sivan coincide with the first day of the Gregorian month of June?
188. [Relative to June 2003g] When last did a calculated molad result in a time prior to its announcement on Shabbat?
189. Which are two of the most important arithmetical properties of the 17th year of the mahzor qatan (19 year cycle) known as GUChADZaT?
190. What is the second major arithmetic property of the 17th year of the mahzor qatan (19 year cycle) known as GUChADZaT?
191. In any period of HY Hebrew years, what are the minimum and maximum number of months?
192. Which are two of the most important arithmetical properties of the 9th year of the mahzor qatan (19 year cycle) known as GUChADZaT?
193. What is the second major arithmetic property of the 9th year of the mahzor qatan (19 year cycle) known as GUChADZaT?
194. How often is parshah Ha'azinu read on Shabbat Shuvah?
195. What is an unusual feature of Hebrew year 5764H?
196. What effect, or effects, would be realized if postponement to Tuesday occurred whenever the molad of Tishrei occurred on a Monday following a 13-month Hebrew year?
197. What major change, or changes, if any, would have to be made to the Gauss Pesach formula to accommodate a post 13-month year postponement from Monday to Tuesday?
198. What minimum Tishrei molad time would create a 385-day year beginning on Tuesday if postponement took place from a post 13-month year Monday to Tuesday?
199. In how many ways can 7 leap years be distributed in 19 year cycles, such that the 13-month years have between each other either one or two 12-month years?
200. Of the 57 arrangements given in answer to Weekly Question 199, which pattern, or patterns, can be used to generate all of the other arrangements?
201. Is the leap year distribution known as GUChADZaT an astronomical or arithmetical derivation?
202. Which are the fundamental arithmetic rules governing the leap year distribution known as GUChADZaT?
203. Of what significance is Tuesday to Hanukah?
204. How many leap years would have been in the mahzor qatan if 240 lunar months had equalled 19 solar years?
205. On average, about how many years does it take for the Hebrew calendar to drift by one full lunar month?
206. In the Gauss Pesach formula, which year will first produce zero for the March offset?
207. For the Gauss Pesach formula, what would be the simplest way to avoid a zero March offset as early as year 9877H (6117j)?
208. In what year will the molad of Nisan be on Sunday at 17h 107p, as shown in chapter 6:7 of Mamonides' Hilkhot Qiddush HaHodesh?
209. What would have happened to the Hebrew calendar if at least 2 consecutive weekdays had been specified as postponement (dehiyot) days for Rosh HaShannah?
210. When again, in the next 1000 years, will the 30th day of Adar coincide with the 29th day of February in the Gregorian calendar?
211. Which 2 reasons make 357-day years impossible in the currently fixed Hebrew calendar?
212. Which rule in the Babylonian Talmud eliminates the possibility of a 357-day year?
213. Which rule in the Babylonian Talmud eliminates the possibility of a 357-day year?
214. Assuming Tishrei 1 postponements of not more than 6 days, what is the length of the smallest Hebrew year that could then be generated?
215. Assuming the postponements of 1 Tishrei, what are the minimum number of days of postponement required in order to generate 350-day years?
216. Would any combination of at least 4 week days forbidden to 1 Tishrei lead to 350-day years?
217. What is the length of the Hebrew to Julian calendar correspondence cycle?
218. Why is Pesach so late in April 2005?
219. Which year, or years, of the mahzor qatan (19 year cycle) would have the earliest starting dates in a solar calendar?
220. Beginning from any year HY, what is the number of 12-month years that can be found within a given number of years ?
221. In exact fraction of year, how much longer is the Hebrew year over the Gregorian year?
222. Exactly how many years are required for a one year difference between the number of Hebrew and Julian years?
223. Hebrew Year 5765H began on Thursday 16 September 2004g; is 383 days long; is the 8th year of the 304th mahzor qatan; has molad of Tishrei of 3d 19h 287p; was postponed to Thursday due to Dehiyyah Molad Zaqen; is not affected by Dehiyyah GaTaRaD because it is a leap year.
Can you mention at least 3 other calendar related features of Hebrew year 5765H?
224. [Relative to 5765H] When next will there be a molad with a whole number of hours?
225. [Relative to 5765H] When next will the molad of Tishrei be a whole number of hours?
226. The whole hour Tishrei moladot occur in what cyclical pattern?
227. The whole day Tishrei moladot occur in what cyclical pattern?
228. How are the significant days of Hanukkah, that is, the first day of Hanukkah and Rosh Hodesh Tevet, related to Pesach?
229. What is the smallest possible span of Hebrew years to contain all 14 of the qeviyyot?
230. The shortest spans of Hebrew years containing all of the 14 qeviyyot begin in which year, or years, of the mahzor qatan (19-year Hebrew calendar cycle)?
231. How many different sequences of qeviyyot can be found for the shortest spans of Hebrew years containing all of the 14 qeviyyot?
232. In the full Hebrew calendar cycle of 689,472 years, how many of the GUChADZaT mahzor qatan's (19-year cycles) contain all of the 14 qeviyyot?
233. What is the smallest number of consecutive Hebrew years needed to ensure the presence of all of the 14 qeviyyot?
234. In up to 71 consecutive Hebrew years, what is the largest possible number of arrangements of their qeviyyot?
235. In how many possible combinations can be found the qeviyyot in Hebrew 32-year spans containing 13 qeviyyot?
236. Relative to 5765H, which one of the combinations of 13 qeviyyot in 32-year spans was most recently started?
237. What is the largest sequence of Hebrew years which does not contain all of the possible Hebrew year lengths?
238. In how many ways are arranged the year lengths found in 43-year spans containing exactly 5 different year lengths?
239. World-wide, and over the full Hebrew calendar cycle of 689,472 years, how often is read the weekly Torah portion known as Bechukotei (Leviticus 26:3 - 27:34)?
240. Relative to 5765H, when last did the 9th year of the mahzor qatan (19-year cycle) begin on October 1 in the Gregorian calendar?
241. On which day of the Hebrew calendar did Christopher Columbus first sail for the Americas?
242. On which day of the Hebrew calendar did Christopher Columbus first set foot in the Americas?
243. Assuming that Tishrei 1 could be postponed from 1 up to 6 days from the day of the molad of Tishrei, what then would be the length in days of the longest single Hebrew year?
244. Assuming that Tishrei 1 could be postponed from 1 up to 6 days from the day of the molad of Tishrei, what then would be the length in days of the longest 12-month Hebrew year?
245. Assuming that Tishrei 1 could be postponed from 1 up to 6 days from the day of the molad of Tishrei, what then would be the length in days of the shortest 12-month Hebrew year?
246. Relative to 5766H (in 2005g), when last was Dehiyyah B'TU'TKPT invoked?
247. Relative to 5766H (in 2005g), when next will Dehiyyah B'TU'TKPT be invoked?
248. How far apart can be two consecutive invocations of Dehiyyah B'TU'TKPT?
249. Between which pair of Hebrew years does each of the possible 5 B'TU'TKPT separations first occur?
250. What are at least 3 other calendar oriented features relevant to Hebrew year 5766H?
First Paged 5 Nov 2004 Next Revised 18 Dec 2005